TGIF! It's been quite a week and I am sooooooooo glad it is the weekend! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.
1. Overwhelmed is the first word that comes to mind. I had to give warnings to loved ones this week that I was about thisclose to losing it. The wheels were about to come off. Too much to do. Not enough time. Can't keep up. This graphic really sums it up.
2. Today we had a field trip and I think it was the smoothest field trip experience I've had. We had 10 parent chaperones. That has to be some kind of record for me. It was a walking field trip so bus space wasn't an issue. Apparently that's all you need to make things run smoothly at school- a ratio of 1 adult to 3 students!
3. We worked on a Strega Nona unit this week and had a lot of fun with the series. I picked up Christina Bainbridge's unit on TPT and the students decided what kind of magic food pot they'd want if they could have one. The art turned out so cute, but of course I forgot to take pictures. That kind of week. We created a Can-Have-Are graphic organizer to help us out with the books.
4. This Wednesday marked the day that Dakota could FINALLY go out of the house after having all of his puppy shots. We are no longer housebound! He's been on a walk each day since then and this is usually the aftermath:
5. And finally, my favorite pin from this week- glitter mason jars. WHY have I not done this yet?!?!
Make sure you link up your five pieces of random!