Friday, February 15, 2013

Five for Friday in February

It's been a fantastic Friday. We had today off of school and I was able to get so much done! My mom came over and we worked on some projects for a bridal shower we are throwing in a couple weeks. We planted some new flowers and shrubs outside, played with the pup, and had dinner. And I'm just sitting down to my computer and am ready to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Friday linky.


1. I never remember year to year how much Valentine's Day at school wears me out. It hit me about 2:00 pm yesterday. My feet started hurting and it all came rushing back to me. Ohhhhh yes. Now I remember-Valentine's Day at school is exhausting!

2.  I borrowed Rikki from The Hive's brilliant idea of putting the valentines my students gave me on a heart cutout. I would have never thought of this but I really think my students are going to be so jazzed to see their valentines on display! Valentine's Day may be over, but the cards can live on! Thanks Rikki for sharing your genius idea!


3. I went to Michael's craft store today and their Valentine's Day stuff was 70% off. I picked up heart erasers, notepads, and bubbles for 75 cents for packs of 36! I put them in my bin for my students next year. I also added some cute decorations to my repertoire, including hanging glitter hearts. Swoon!

4. I mentioned earlier that my mom and I worked on some projects for a bridal shower we are throwing. Today we finished up the favors- peach and strawberry jams in brown paper bags with doilies on top. Who knew paper bags could be so cute?


5. You know I have to end with the pup. Hopefully no one is tired of seeing his face! I found a cute bone bow tie that slips over his collar. Here's Dakota all decked out for V-day! 

Make sure you link up your five random things! 

5 comments:

  1. Dakota is so cute! I don't think anyone could get tired of that face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dakota is adorable! I love the idea of putting all your Valentine's on a big heart!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea for your Valentine cards. I think I will do that... Thanks for the idea.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that idea for the Valentine's cards on Rikki's blog too! I so am doing that next year!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete