Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday- August 7th

Someecards.com
There's only a week left of summer vacation for me and apparently I'm still in the mode where I have no idea what day of the week it is! Thanks to Mercedes at Surfing to Success for reminding me about my What I'm Loving Wednesday linky! 


1. Dog Friendly Places- 
This week I spent some time at a dog friendly beach and a local dog park and they're some of my favorite places. The people are so mellow, the dog seems to be having the time of his life, and he's SUPER tired the next day which can be very beneficial!


2. Washi Tape Name Sticks- 
Rowdy in Room 300 blogged about an idea to use washi tape on craft sticks for her classroom name sticks. Brilliant! I painted mine last year but I've decided I need to redo them now that I've seen this!

Rowdy in Room 300

3. Shark Week!
Sharks freak me out, but watching them on t.v. is super entertaining for some reason. I look forward to Shark Week every year and don't fully understand why myself. I sit here covering my eyes and squealing. Have you seen "I Escaped Jaws?" It's quite graphic.

I'll admit it, I don't watch a lot of Discovery Channel (I'm more of a mindless television kind of girl) so the channel number isn't engrained in my head. Earlier tonight I saw some shark shows on the guide and half paying attention thought I must have the right channel. Not so! Apparently National Geographic Wild is having "Shark Fest" this week as well. Interesting. 

This comic cracks me up! Human Week would be kind of terrifying. 

Phil Wilson- www.shaaark.com
By the way, did anyone else watch The Bachelorette finale last night? Ugh. I kinda want my season back! Or at least the three hours I invested in the show last night. Lame ending in my opinion. I really think Chris' dad just freaked me out on the hometown date when he stuck that thing up his nose in his chiropractic office. What.in.the.world.

It's your turn! Let me know you're loving this week and link up below! 

10 comments:

  1. I can never remember what day it is either!! Yesterday I thought it was Thursday all day lol. I guess it doesn't matter, right :) I love your washi tape popsicle sticks! Your pup is the cutest!!!!!

    Enjoy your last week of summer!
    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sign....so true! I still have a few weeks before going back so I'm definitely in the what day is it mode!
    I'm right there with you on the hometown visit to Chris' family....weirdest one yet!
    ღ Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone on that one!! If I didn't see a post about this fabulous linky on Instagram, I would still be thinking it's Tuesday!
    So excited to be joining my first What I'm Loving Wednesday...can't wait to see what everyone posts!

    Thanks for hosting :)

    Sam
    Fun With Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched "Shark Week" for 3 hours last night...it was fun to watch while printing, laminating and cutting! Love your craft sticks! Thanks for sharing.

    -Mai
    Diary of a Grumpy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the washi tape for pick sticks! Thanks for hosting!!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your name sticks are too cute! There are so many things to do with washi tape! Great post!

    Jamie
    Sixth Grade Tales
    Follow me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with Shark week! I will NOT go in the water at the beach past my calf! haha! However- I LOVE SHARK WEEK!! It's so bizarre- but I do appreciate how magnificent sharks really are ;)

    Oh- and those wash tape name sticks?! GENIUS! :) I definitely want to do that this weekend!

    Thanks for the awesome linky every week! :)
    ~Lindsay
    Just Keep Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live for Shark Week :) And I must use the washi tape idea--brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the washi tape idea for sticks! Thank you so much for hosting this linky.

    Marcy
    SearchingForTeacherBalance

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that the count down to Monday is on, I'm hyper aware of what day it is. So little time! I can't believe how big your puppy is now! Savannah loves Dillon Beach but its such a long drive with a dog in the car. Where did you go? We took her to a little beach in Benicia a while back but she swallowed so much water she ended up getting sick in my car. No more throwing the tennis ball in the water for us!

    ReplyDelete