Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Germs!

Goodness gracious the germs are having a heyday spreading through my classroom! I have had four or five students out each day for the last couple of weeks. Although miraculously they were all at school on Valentine's Day! You can almost see the germies spreading through my room based on who is absent and where they sit. Yuck! I am washing my hands like nobody's business.

Because of the numerous sickies, I had to whip up some extra absent folders that I use in my classroom. I print out the page, glue it on a file folder, laminate, and viola! When a student is out I put the folder on their desk and the person handing out papers adds in a copy for them. This has saved me a lot of time when parents show up unexpectedly to pick up any work their child is missing. I simply hand them the folder from the student's desk and they are on their way.


Our school mascot is an alligator, hence the cute clipart of the gator on the folder (thank you My Cute Graphics! Have you seen that site? If you haven't you must check it out!). If you aren't feeling the gator and have a different request of clipart from that site, let me know and I'll change it for you.


Two days until Friday! I think I can, I think I can...


2 comments:

  1. I had to use some hand sanitizer after reading your post! :)
    My 4th graders have been sick too! My own kindergartener is finally back to school after being sick for days (over the long weekend). I have been using Lysol wipes on desktops and computer keyboard/mouse and Lysol spray on lights switches and doorknobs. I also bought a BIG container of hand sanitizer and have been having the kids use some as they enter in the morning and when we leave for lunch. Hopefully, all of this will help! I haven't gotten sick yet!
    Your absent folders are a great idea. I will be using that come Monday!
    Justin- Writing Pad Dad
    Writing Pad Dad Blog
    Writing Pad Dad on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good idea. I usually have someone from their table put it in their mailbox but they don't always remember to check that...and neither do I. But if I had a folder in my lesson plans tub that would definitely work! I wanted to let you know that the giveaway is up on my blog and also to say THANK YOU for helping out!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete