Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday- First Official Day of Summer

I love that every day in summer feels like Friday. 

I'm linking up with Doodle Bug's Five for Friday. It's very obvious by my five that it is summertime and the livin's easy. 



1. Getting Creative
I have quite a hefty craft closet and before this week I couldn't remember the last time I made something! The creative juices were flowing the last couple of days. I updated my Smash Book, spent some time drawing, and created some things for my classroom and mantel (more on that for Monday Made It). 



2. Yoga Ball
This bad boy is my new BFF. The week has been filled with doctor appointments, physical therapy, and lotttttts of stretching on the yoga ball. My back is in the beginning stages of feeling better and I am determined to do what it takes so that this doesn't happen again. 


 3. Summer Pasta
This recipe from Pinterest is delicious! Avocado, bacon, tomatoes, how can you go wrong? I've dubbed it, "Summer Pasta." It'd be great to take to a party.



4. Fun Manicure
I love the fun colors Essie is cranking out. My latest favorite is this green shade from their resort 2013 line. It's called, "First Timer." Paired with the Sally Hansen Hard as Wraps? Good stuff!



5. Instagram
It is so fun getting to know fellow bloggers through Instagram! Yesterday Meet Miss Parker shared a picture of glitter clothespins she snagged at Michael's, and I knew I had to get some for my classroom. I stopped by Michael's on the way home from puppy class last night and was giddy with excitement to find the glitter clothespins in a perfect shade of blue

Also, yesterday I blogged about Instagram adding a video feature. The fun factor has doubled!

Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching with your five!

And don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin since Google Reader is leaving us. Click on the button on the right.

By the way, three great giveaways are happening. Click on the pictures to enter for some fantastic prizes!

First up is Table Talk with C and C's 100 Follower Giveaway. There's only 11 hours left to enter! 



Tori's Teacher Tips is having an 800 Follower Giveaway- holy patooties that's impressive! 



And Ms. Richard's Musings has also hit 100 followers and wants to celebrate. Check it out by clicking on the picture below.




3 comments:

  1. I clicked on Bloglovin! Just set my button up as well, although I've used it as a feed for a while now. Love the black and white design. :-)
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart ya on the craft supplies - I have a HUGE cabinet full of "stuff" that I don't want to "waste!" SO happy to hear you got the ebates deal - crazy we're getting paid to shop!!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Summer! I MUST have those glitter clothespins! Too bad I didn't read this earlier, already went to Michael's today! I haven't jumped on the Instagram bandwagon yet...kind of nervous. Do you think it's easy? I'm stressed about taking on one more thing!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete