It's Friday so you know what that means...Five for Friday time!
1. This week we made the fraction leprechauns from the blog Growing Firsties. The students had SO MUCH fun coloring, trading, creating names, and writing about tricks their leprechauns played on others. If you haven't picked up this freebie you must snatch it up for next year.
2. I whipped up a visual for the kiddos that they can refer to when creating illustrations for their narratives. Overboard? Maybe. Helpful? Indeed. I had so many students who would scribble something quickly just to turn it in. We talked about how to earn a "4" on their illustrations by including color, details, taking their time, etc. Their illustrations are looking MUCH better.
3. We started using Class Dojo. It felt...necessary this week. I had 24 out of 26 parents sign up for weekly behavior reports to be emailed to them. Wahoo! The students are eating it up.
4. I'm looking forward to some family time tomorrow as we celebrate birthdays for my niece and my dad. It's been a couple months since we've all been together and I really can't wait for the laughs, the yummy meal, fun games, and quite honestly some strong drinks. This graphic sums us up pretty well. Quite often my five year old nephew is covering his ears and telling the adults to quiet down. Kids!
5. This weekly post wouldn't be complete without an update on the pupster. He lost two puppy teeth this week! Wahoo! And even though he's teething and wanting to chew everything right now, I'm loving the not-so-razor-sharp teeth when he chooses to mouth my hands. Dakota is all about the frozen peanut butter inside his Kong toy.
Before I head out...is anyone else a little panicked that Google Reader will no longer be, as of July? It seems crazy to me and I am at a loss as to what to use to read blogs come summer time. I'm pretty picky with things like that. Let me know if you have ideas!