I've been nominated for a Liebster Award...twice! What? What?
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up-and-coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs. Thanks to Fun and Fearless in First and Learning With Mrs. Leeby!
The Liebster Rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!)
11 Random Things About Me
1. I am a sucker for the Hallmark channel's Christmas movies. They are so predictable and corny, but I adore them!
2. I am a very picky eater. My students probably eat a wider variety of food than I do!
3. I love the smell of coffee, but am not the biggest fan of a plain old cup of joe. It needs to be altered to the most non-coffee tasting coffee for me to enjoy it.
4. If it has a bow, polka dots, or glitter, I'll most likely buy it.
5. I have organizational OCD. I can't stop myself. Everything must be in its right place! Baskets are my saving grace.
6. I love rocking a cute headband or hat every day.
7. Gerbera daisies can make everything better.
8. If I start reading a book and enjoy it, the book has to be finished that night. I've been known to read for hours and hours, neglecting everything else in my life just so I can figure out what happens.
9. Retail therapy works wonders for me.
10. I love watching trashy tv and reading celebrity blogs. It's a great way to relax after being so mentally "on" all day.
11. Riding in cars makes me a nervous Nelly. Too many car accidents that were not my fault.
11 Questions Fun and Fearless in First and Learning With Mrs. Leeby Sent Me
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? Math! Which is funny because I was not good at math when I was in school.
2. Favorite holiday tradition? Decorating the Christmas tree. I could sit and stare at a decorated Christmas tree forever. I get lost in the sparkly ornaments and lights. So pretty!
3. Favorite book to read to your class? George's Marvelous Medicine
4. Favorite guilty pleasure reality show? Dancing with the Stars
5. Bath or shower? Shower. I can't even remember the last time I soaked in a bath. I'm not sure I could relax long enough for that!
6. Camping or hotel on a beautiful summer weekend? Hotel...all.the.way. This girl doesn't camp.
7. What is your least favorite household chore? Doing the dishes, bleh!
8. What's your favorite recipe or favorite thing to cook? Chocolate chip cookies. They make the house smell yummy and remind me of standing on a chair helping my mom make them in our kitchen.
9. Salty or sweet? Sweet! I love desserts!
10. Where is your ideal vacation spot? On a tropical beach drink in hand!
11. Real or fake Christmas tree? I have a fake Christmas tree. I did the real Christmas tree thing for a while, swearing up and down that I wouldn't "stoop" to the fake Christmas tree level like we did as a kid. Well...I stooped. Easier to take care of, no wrestling with lights, and cheaper in the long run.
11 Questions for My Nominees
1. What is your favorite subject to teach?
2. Favorite holiday tradition?
3. Favorite book to read to your class?
4. Favorite guilty pleasure reality show?
5. Favorite movie?
6. What is your best childhood memory?
7. What is your least favorite household chore?
8. What are you afraid of?
9. Salty or sweet?
10. Where is your ideal vacation spot?
11. What sparked your interest in blogging?
Blogs I'm Nominating